Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Happy St. Patty's Day! Yes, even in Paris.
So most of us trailed down in our 'greens' today in homage to St. Patrick's day. After the long day of walking yesterday, we are so glad today is chartered bus day. We are having the finest breakfast each morning here at the hotel. breads, cheeses, yogurts, capaccino, fruit, cereal, milk, juice, ham, boiled eggs, jams, etc. After breakfast we hopped the bus to get a great view of the city from our double decker bus, which also let us rest our feet. After seeing the different quarters of town, the siene, monuments, the tunnel where princess Diana met her fate (sadly) and much much more, we headed out to Versailles! No blog can do this justice so lets just say it was a big day of 'wow' and dead camera batteries for trying to capture it all. It was sure fun to imagine what life would have been like if we had lived there. So after Versailles, we headed to our tarte flambe which was AWESOME but best described as a pizza with decadent cream sauce an fixins rather than red sauce and it was 'all you can eat.' The kids were very happy when we left there for sure! Next stop, Eiffel tower or bust. Everyone opted to go up the very high tower to the second platform, take photo's and see all of Paris from the sky. I have yet to see any frowns. The metro is getting easier but still an adventure and tonight on our way back to the hotel, we stopped to get wonderful crepes on the street to eat while walking. what a magical way to end a magical day... speaking of Magical days...tomorrow we are off to Disney for the day with the kids. Stay tuned for that blog though I can't gaurantee when I will get back to the computer. My 'shift' at the desk ends now and I am off to bed for the night. I only regret not being able to share photo's with you but please know they are filled with smiles and experience beyond your imagination. Bonsoir! Mme Savage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thank you a million times plus one for this blog....it is ALMOST like being there for us left behind in the states. You describe it so well, I can almost smell the food and see the sights. So proud ALL the kids went to the top of the Eiffel tower. Hope the adults are doing O.K. :) Enjoy your day at Disney - y'all deserve it. Peggy H.
As a Disney fan extraordinaire, I hope you get a chance to blog about your visit to "Chez Mickey." :) We readers are all enjoying this trip vicariously through you!
Do Micky and Minnie speak french at Disney world Paris or just in heavy french accents? UH UH UH eees de appeeist plasse en ert no?
Hey Ms. Savage! Be careful tomorrow, I heard there are going to be strikes on public transport in Paris. Can't wait to hear all about the trip in person! Kim
Wow, what an awesome blog! Definitely we appreciate your work in communicating with us all the things are 'little ones' are up to! What fun, wish we were all there to experience it with you. So happy to hear that our group is polite and leaves a good impression. Keep having fun. Can't wait for those pics.
Rebecca Nivers
I feel like a world traveller (sp?) just by reading your blog!! I've been to Disney here in Florida and Gillian was with me so it will be interesting to compare the two. I must congratulate you, Ms. Savage, on your courage and managerial skills for this entire enterprise. Kudos to the kids for their good manners in a foreign country. Karen Soester (Gillian Howell's aunt in Florida)
Groves here from the Big Apple. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Viva la MHS!
Post a Comment